WHAT IS FFA EYE TEST AND WHAT IS FFA FULL FORM ?
In which conditions is this angiography for eyes / FFA test done ?
- Diabetic Retinopahy
- Choroidal neovascular membrane ( CNVM)
- Central retinal vein occlusion
- Central retinal artery occlusion
- Poypoidal choroidal vasculopathy
How is this angiogram for the eyes performed ?
what are the Possible side effects of ffa eye test ?
- Person may feel a wave of nausea (feel sick) for 30 to 60 seconds after the injection. This is especially true if you have had a heavy meal before the test. For this reason, it is a good idea not to have a heavy meal before your appointment.
- A strange taste at the back of your mouth after the injection
- The injection site can be painful if the dye leaks from the vein into the surrounding tissue.
- A mild headache.
- An allergic reaction. Please let the doctor know if you have allergies or have had a severe allergic reaction before performing FFA eye test
- Your pee would be yellow for that day as the body throws out the dye.
Frequently Asked Questions
For all fundus angiographies done we have an anesthetist who is standing by to take care of any untoward incident. Most of the times nothing really happens but we still do have an anesthetist as a standby.
You dont have to do anything in particular apart from coming on an empty stomach.
An FFA test costs you Rs 4500 and for pictures of both eyes. Anesthetist charges are extra and are usually Rs 1500. Even though some eye hospitals may choose not to have an anesthetist for this FFA test, we always choose to have one as a rule.